It Ain’t That Hard

If you want your comment published (and if you comment, then I assume you do), there are only a very few things you need to do to succeed. Don’t muck up my comments with your dishonest tactics:

• Leave a real email address. You can reach me in numerous ways. I don’t blog or comment anonymously. Please demonstrate enough spine to offer me the same courtesy.
  • Use valid arguments, not ad hominem. I just don’t have time to defend myself from that crap. I’m raising children over here. If you want to talk about me, rather than what I’m saying, use your own space to do so.
  • Don’t use multiple aliases. I don’t mind if you change your name every now and then, but when it’s the same person saying the same thing all the time under different names, I do catch on.

You could read my comments policy, but if you have no time for it, this short list will probably be enough to prevent you from ending up like those who have already been banned for these annoyances. Good grief.

• Donna Stidham June 11, 2014, 10:22 am

I just love you Cindy. You make me smile. Hope all those babies are doing well!

• Cindy June 11, 2014, 10:32 am

They’re doing great. Their mama is a little bit grumpy, though. Harumph. :-)

• Jessica W June 11, 2014, 1:13 pm

I am sorry that there seem to be people annoying you Cindy. :(

I love your blog and have been following for a while. I was so sad when you said you were going to give it up, and quite happy to see you have changed your mind. Keep up the good work raising up those littles over there! You give me so much inspiration, hope, and things to think about to make me and my 4 over here better.

• Cindy June 11, 2014, 2:43 pm

It’s not really that big of a deal. Just a couple of repeat offenders, actually. (Though there is the occasional drive-by, too.) I’ll often leave them alone or let them through the spam filter only to notice the IP or fake address when I go to respond. I don’t mind being disagreed with. Heck, most of the time I don’t even fully agree with myself. I just don’t know it until commenters clue me in. ;-) I do mind lying and sock-puppetry, though. I just really hate banning people.

• Allison H. June 11, 2014, 1:21 pm

I hate that you get negative comments, but I suppose any controversy like the kind you write about will prompt them. I appreciate your perseverance in not only speaking the truth, but doing so in such an amusing, passionate, and elegant manner. Also? You make me feel supported and less freakish than I already feel…..and I love that about you. :-)
    Please keep up the good work!

A homeschooling mom to eleven

• Ali June 11, 2014, 6:50 pm

Hi! I’m so happy to have found your site! women need women. Moms need moms. Moms who don’t judge. I certainly don’t. Every one has different thresholds of stress. I am 44, almost 45 years old. I live in northeast NJ with a great family. I have a great husband , and 3 great kids. A 10 yr old girl going into 5th, a 5 yr old girl going into kindergarten, and a soon to be 4 yr old boy. In high school, everyone had me pegged to have 6 kids and own a day care center. Kids are drawn to me, and I am drawn to them, however, between not working and having 2 children back to back at my age, and a fully functional husband with MS, I have found it a bit stressful after the 3rd was born. The stress truly began after my son began walking. That coupled with many nights of no sleep took a toll on me. I struggle with a lot of guilt for my eldest, her social life took a dip due to napping, feedings, plus the fact I have a tough time managing the two small ones out in public. The two small ones are great joyful kids but really active. My son is taker-offer but yet won’t stay with anyone but me or hubby. We don’t have in laws to count on, my father is the only one alive, but he lives in FL and OH. My hubby and I have gone out alone 4 times in 10 years. Mother hood is such. Blessing and I love my children do much, but I get a bit cranky after an entire day at home. I know this is all temporary, and I don’t ever want to wish these moments away, but somedays I feel like screaming. Please don’t judge, I’m just being honest. I hope you are all doing well, and god bless you for all being wonderful moms.—–Ali G.

• Cindy June 12, 2014, 8:12 am