A Couple of Announcements

by Cindy on November 27, 2013

First, the big one!

You know how you get to the end of a pregnancy and you’re just sick of all of it and ready to be done, no matter how bad it might hurt? That is where I am. Not with my actual pregnancy, but with an ebook I’ve been putting together. Several of you have asked for an easy way to find the links to many of my large family and family planning posts, so I put them all together in one convenient place and wrote a few more chapters to go with them. The title is ConDeceived: Little Lies the World Tells to Keep Christian Families from Growing.

I’m still looking over the book for glaring idiocies, which are pretty much guaranteed to escape my notice, since I wrote them. Other than that I’m basically finished. Now it’s off to the tech guy (that would be Get Along Husband) for formatting and a snazzy cover, and to a few friends for their thoughts. Expect me to start trying to sell it to you sometime in December.

This week, until November 30, is your last chance (I think) to get the best deal for Teach Them Diligently. The early bird price will be going away soon, but this code (SAVE7THANKS) gets you $7 off even that. A family registration to any of the amazing locations would be a wonderful Christmas present for any homeschooling family, or any family that’s thinking about it. I wish I could go! I will be having a baby around that time, though, so maybe next time.

Newsletter_hdr_Black_Friday

Also, don’t forget that Three Decades of Fertility (reviewed here) is on sale for just $2.99 until November 30. This is the best price I’ve seen for this book. Grab it while you can:

Three Decades of Fertility

Disclosure: Affiliate links help support this site. Thank you for your purchase!

Lauren
Twitter: MamaLearning
November 27, 2013 at 9:44 am

I will be your first customer. I cannot WAIT to read it!!

Cindy November 27, 2013 at 10:13 am

Oh, I think I’ll be sending you a free copy. You’re kinda special. :-)

Trina November 27, 2013 at 11:54 am

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the title! I completely feel deceived about much of my past regarding career, marriage, birth control and children.

Stephanie November 27, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Definitely been deceived about birth control. It angers me every time I think about how many times I asked, “is it risky?” “does it cause miscarriage?” and more than one Dr looked me straight in the eye and told me absolutely NOT. What lies. I may not truly trust another Dr ever again. I will always be wondering what pharmaceutical agenda they are backing.
Sounds like a really good read though! That must be so exciting to finally get all those thoughts out there for people to read. Especially since they are thoughts that are so counter-cultural and something you are passionate about. I know it makes me sad when I talk to women who think they can’t or shouldn’t have babies. I always want to say something but never know the words. Maybe this will give me some ideas on how to respond to some of those lies. I I look forward to reading it!

Cindy November 27, 2013 at 3:39 pm

You should read my friend Rebecca’s post about doctors telling lies. It’s here, if you have time: http://www.momsmustardseeds.com/2012/10/chemical-abortions-and-a-womans-advocate/

Sad and shocking and depressing, isn’t it, that they don’t think women deserve to know the truth? I don’t actually confront that particular lie in this ebook, since methods of birth control are pretty far outside what I usually talk about. Makes me wonder if I should include it. Hmmmm.

Bambi November 27, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Yay!

Joy December 2, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Yay!! Can’t wait to read it!!

Tara Ziegmont
Twitter: TaraZiegmont
December 2, 2013 at 9:28 pm

CINDY! Of all my blogging friends, you are the one who has always said you’d never write an ebook. So of course, I am elated that you have done so, and you are about to send it out into the world. Way to go, my friend. Way to go!!

Cindy December 3, 2013 at 7:00 am