Weekend Links

Some links for your weekend amusement. But first, a picture of the noob:

Sambug

You know what happens when I give my kids one more chance? They take it. In the minds of toddlers and Republicans, every chance is the last. You’d think we’d learn.

Here’s the Headmistress with her own, frugal version of Here, Let Me Judge That for You. My version is here, if you missed it.

Why do Nigerian spammers say they’re from Nigeria? Never thought about it before, but it turns out there’s a good reason they make the scam so obvious.

Wait a minute. I thought food stamps were the reason poor people are fat in this country, and that’s why we need to be more generous with the handouts.

Now I’m all confused. Maybe food bought with government money will make me smarter, prettier, and more popular, too!

Really awesome Mikarose modest clothing giveaway at InRandom. But don’t enter it. I want to win.

On the demise of the English language, even among the educated. Lacking any education worth mentioning myself, all I can say about that is BWAHAHAHAHA! Related, Ann Romney says “like” a lot. Like, all the, like, time. I, um, like her, anyway.

Sometimes a certain person in this house says she’s going to do something, and then, having stated as much, considers it done, gives herself a pat on the back, and forgets about it. What? You, too? Read this, and stop doing that.

And finally, Smockity wants to know if your kids are spoiled. Mine aren’t, but there are some ways in which they might be. I blame the grandparents.

• Amy June 29, 2012, 10:44 pm

What a gorgeous wonderful want-to-squish-him-with-kisses baby!!!

• DeputyHeadmistress
    Twitter: DHMRS
    June 30, 2012, 1:04 am

Mph, nom, nom on the kissable baby.
    On the demise of the English language, I will be blogging this later but I had to share- Shasta went to sell plasma. The American, English as her only language ever person filling out the paperwork asked him what language he spoke.
    “English,” he said.
    Blank stare. “What do you mean? American or English?” she asked.
    “*ENGLISH* “he insisted.
    “AMERICAN,” she argued.”You’re not from England, and if I put down here that you speak English, people will think you are from “England and that means more paperwork.”

• kelli AdventurzNchild
      July 2, 2012, 5:13 pm

So, where does one go to sell plasma? pretty sure hubs has extra laying around in the garage somewhere (snort) As for the English language comment- you’ve rendered me speechless (and that’s hard to do)!

• Cindy July 3, 2012, 5:12 pm

That’s the scariest thing I’ve ever heard. Funny, too. Oh, my…

• republican mother July 2, 2012, 9:07 am

Thanks for the link. Now I’m self-conscious about my vagueness.

That baby already looks big enough to crawl away!

I’ve been busy “trying” to potty train my youngest two. Yeah, posting is light…trying to run around the house with a potty chair.

• Kelli -Adventurez
    July 2, 2012, 5:16 pm

thanks for the links- always interesting to pop over here – now- about the babe – are you sure we should be posting his “oh so adorableness” all over the web? he’s our special baby!!! ;) he’s so squishy! I love squishy

• Cindy July 3, 2012, 5:11 pm

I think it’s safe enough. He’s well-protected!